Vapor Recovery Units (VRU)
S&S Technical is a leading manufacturer of Vapor Recovery Units or (VRU’s). VRU’s are used in recovering vapors from gasoline, natural gas or other bio-fuels.
Vapor Recovery Unit Applications:
- Reduce harmful vapors into the atmosphere;
- Meet EPA emission standards;
- Meet Clean Air Act standards;
- Cut operational costs;
- Reclaim lost profit dollars.
Recovering gas vapors from tank batteries is not a new application for most owners and operators of oil and gas production companies and crude oil storage tank facilities. However, there have been questions as to the economic feasibility for the installation of Vapor Recovery Units (VRUs) on tank batteries.
In recent times, though, regulations required by the Clean Air Act (CAA), and increasing environmental regulations by the EPA are now impacting the requirements to recover these Hazardous Air Pollutants (HAPs). Additionally, through more efficient VRU designs, there can be positive return on investment.
Vapor Recovery Units Provide:
- On-site fuel gas – reducing the need to purchase additional resources;
- Revenue from gas sold to the pipelines;
- Valuable NGLs that can be offered to gas processing plants.
Vapor Recovery Unit Components:
- Industrial Powder Coated Skid Frame;
- Oil-Free Reciprocating Compressor;
- ASME Coded Knock-Out Vessel;
- Class 1, Div. 2 Rated Local Control Panel;
- Pressure & Temperature Switches and/or transmitters;
- Flanged Pipe-Away Safety Relief Valves;
- Welded interconnecting piping with ANSI class flanged process connections.
Advantages of using S&S Technical:
- Full in-house one-stop-shop experience. Our mechanical and electrical engineers use the latest 2 and 3D CAD and SolidWorks software to design every system;
- Integrated Process Automation Controls, PLC’s and HMI’s;
- ASME Pipe fabrication, assembly, and testing are all done at our facility just north of Atlanta, Georgia;
- Turnkey systems provide a single point of contact for your entire project;
- All systems are FAT (Factory Acceptance Tested) in house and will meet all safety, government and industry regulations our clients project may require;
- Single point of contact for technical support, operator training and start up commissioning;
- Complete set of manuals for every piece of equipment and system;
- Reduced installation and start up time – ready to move product shortly after arriving on site;
- Reduced delivery lead times, project costs, improved accuracy.
Give us a call today at (678) 250-9507 for more information on packaged Vapor Recovery Units for your next facility or upcoming project.