Railcar Loading-Offloading Skids
S&S Technical has extensive experience in engineering and fabricating railcar loading-offloading skid systems for a variety of liquefied gas applications including: Propane, Crude Oil, Butane, Ammonia, Isobutylene, Propylene, Chlorine and Refrigerant Gases such as R134A and R410A, and more.
There are 3 common types of applications of railcar loading-offloading systems (or Truck Loading-Offloading) for terminal unloading. Typically, such in the case of products like Ethanol and other Bio-Fuels; product is delivered by truck, railcar, or barge and is offloaded into storage. Metering systems detect air and other abnormalities that can affect an accurate reading.
We have provided fully integrated railcar loading-offloading systems designed for safe material handling at large rail terminal applications where several railcar-unloading spots are utilized, and also for smaller single spot compressor systems for one or two car sites.
S&S Technical has the expertise to properly size compressors for your application and to provide the engineering, manufacturing and automation integration needed to ensure that the system design coordinates with the operational needs of your terminal.
Railcar loading-offloading systems bring many benefits to a facility or project. They ensure extremely accurate metering and measuring with the use of quality pumps or compressors, filters, valves, flow meters and grounding units. Many times these systems are used with hazardous chemicals as it ensures proper and safe handling.
Railcar loading-offloading systems are a great way to keep employees safe. The protection provided allows for a greater range of product to be handled, such as caustic, bio-diesel, and ethanol.
Railcar loading-offloading skids can be designed per customer specification and will meet all OSHA, government and industry standards. All systems are fully tested and must pass our quality assurance and factory testing before shipment. Clients have the option of visiting our facility to witness all testing before shipment.
Railcar loading-offloading systems are fully customizable to meet the needs of your specific project, facility or terminal configuration. Railcar loading-offloading systems are a great addition to terminals and can improve accuracy and efficiency when loading / offloading product.
Railcar loading-offloading configurations:
- Top and Bottom Loading Packages;
- Multi-Station Loading and Unloading;
- Blending, Injection, Metering Systems;
- Custody Transfer Skids for LPG, Crude Oil and Bio-fuels;
- Tanker Truck Loading and Unloading for Gasoline and Diesel;
- Optional Integration with current Automation System / Controls.
Advantages of using S&S Technical:
- Full in-house one-stop-shop experience. Our mechanical and electrical engineers use the latest 2 and 3D CAD and SolidWorks software to design every system;
- Integrated Process Automation Controls, PLC’s and HMI’s;
- ASME Pipe fabrication, assembly, and testing are all done at our facility just north of Atlanta, Georgia;
- Turnkey systems provide a single point of contact for your entire project;
- All systems are FAT (Factory Acceptance Tested) in house and will meet all safety, government and industry regulations our clients project may require;
- Single point of contact for technical support, operator training and start up commissioning;
- Complete set of manuals for every piece of equipment and system;
- Reduced installation and start up time – ready to move product shortly after arriving on site;
- Reduced delivery lead times, project costs, improved accuracy.
Contact us directly at 1-678-250-9507 to learn more about truck unloading packages for your next project or terminal.