Marine Stage Gangway
At S&S Technical, we are committed to providing you with the solution to your cargo loading and unloading challenges. We will work with you to design a custom or portable aluminum stage gangway that will meet your exact requirements and will continue to perform well for many years. We support our products with superior customer service that will ensure that you are satisfied with your S&S Technical Marine stage gangway.
What is a Marine Stage Gangway?
A marine stage gangway is used by a crew and passengers when embarking and disembarking from ships. These gangways are referred to as stage gangways, barge ship gangways, or vessel stage gangways. Their portable design allows them to be kept dockside or stowed onboard during off-season or in the event of a storm.
Stage Gangway Features
Stage gangways are available in a wide range of sizes and styles including the following:
- Distributed load capacity up to 750 lbs
- Decking in aluminum sheet, treadplate, open grating or extruded decking
- Lengths of 12’ to 40’
- Widths from 24”
- Marine-grade aluminum
- Stainless steel
Stage Gangway vs Other Types of Gangways
A marine stage gangway is a lightweight and aluminum solution for your crew to be able to easily board a ship. When comparing a marine stage gangway to other types of gangways, this equipment stands out because it is simple, portable, and affordable. Marine Stage Gangways are used for applications that require a lower load capacity. These gangways can be designed with the type of perforated waling surface you need for your application.
Marine Stage Gangway Applications
Custom commercial stage gangways are used for the following:
- Marine vessels
- Allow passage from a dock to a ship
- Bringing supplies and light cargo loads onboard
- Accommodate the movement of the ship and elevation changes from tides or ship
- Commercial fishing boats
- Cruise ships
Custom Stage Gangways
We are experts at designing gangways that safely accommodate personnel and cargo throughout changes in water level and ship elevations due to tides and cargo weight. And, we specialize in custom gangways, so you can be assured your stage gangway will meet your exact specifications and will be delivered on time and on a budget.
Our custom marine stage gangways are available with the following features and options:
- Rigid or rope handrails
- Flat ramp
- Self-leveling mountings to provide safe access throughout changes in tides and ship elevation
- Curved tread to provide fall protection when moving cargo over steeper angles
- Variety of cleat styles to allow for more secure footing at steeper angles and increase the load distribution of your cargo
- Construction using aluminum alloys specifically designed for use in marine and saltwater environments with welded joints that are corrosion and saltwater-resistant
Our gangways meet OSHA and OSHA Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) standards and can be designed to meet industry standards if required.