Mobile Nitrogen Generation System
This mobile nitrogen generation system is capable of producing 204 scfm of 95% pure nitrogen at 140 psig. It includes a Sullair 425H screw compressor with a Cat C4.4 turbo diesel engine, a Generon nitrogen membrane cabinet, Sullair mist eliminator and micron filters, 400 gallon buffer tank, Kubota 11kW diesel generator and Hannay hose reel. The entire system is cold weather rated and includes an automatic condensate drain system to prevent freezing in cold climates. We mounted the system on a custom built all steel trialer with tandem 7500lb axles.
What is mobile nitrogen generation system?
A mobile nitrogen generation system is a transportable gas generation package that is designed to take compressed air, remove the condensate and oxygen to provide high purity nitrogen gas for a variety of applications. Our system uses a 142HP diesel engine driven Sullair flooded-screw compressor to produce 200 scfm of compressed air at 150 psig. This air is treated through an after cooler and a set of separators and filters before entering a membrane-style nitrogen gas generator. This gas generator pre-heats the incoming air to remove moisture then removes the required oxygen content to provide 95% pure nitrogen gas at 140 psig. The nitrogen can then be sued to evacuate product from tanks or for tank leak testing after repairs or maintenance is completed.
What are benefits on mobile nitrogen generation system?
The advantages of a mobile nitrogen generation system are:
- Portability – our design is completely self-contained and can easily be transported from site to site
- Cost Efficiency – When large volumes of nitrogen gas are required, pressurized tube trailers must be brought to a site. These can be expensive and sometimes hard to come by. Our mobile generation system provide as much volume as is required without multiple trailers and relying on third party contractors to provide the gas.
Our Mobile Nitrogen Generation Trailer Project
This system was designed specifically for tank car leak testing. It is capable of filling a 33,000 gallon pressurized railcar to 50 psig in about 1.5 hours.
The package uses all diesel engine power for the compressor and generator, allowing it to be used in most locations, including refineries and ensuring no outside power is required to operate and only a single fuel is necessary for operation.
To ensure the system could be used in any conditions or climates, all of the equipment is outdoor rated and we included automatic condensate drains as well as heat tracing and insulation on the air piping and filtration to prevent condensate from freezing and damaging the system. Additionally, the air compressor is equipped with an air inlet preheater for operation in cold climates.
Custom and Portable Nitrogen Generator
Our portable/mobile nitrogen gas generator system if fully scalable to meet a wide variety of pressure, flow and purity requirements from 95% to 99.999%. Additionally, we can offer custom, permanent nitrogen gas generation systems that may include booster compressors for high pressure specialty applications such as laser cutting.
Advantages of using S&S Technical on Mobile Nitrogen Generation System Manufacturers:
- Full in-house one-stop-shop experience. Our mechanical and electrical engineers use the latest 2 and 3D CAD and SolidWorks software to design every system;
- Integrated Process Automation Controls, PLC’s and HMI’s;
- ASME Pipe fabrication, assembly, and testing are all done at our facility just north of Atlanta, Georgia;
- Turnkey systems provide a single point of contact for your entire project;
- All systems are FAT (Factory Acceptance Tested) in house and will meet all safety, government and industry regulations our clients project may require;
- Single point of contact for technical support, operator training and start up commissioning;
- Complete set of manuals for every piece of equipment and system;
- Reduced installation and start up time – ready to move product shortly after arriving on site;
- Reduced delivery lead times, project costs, improved accuracy.
Give us a call today at (678) 250-9507 for more information on custom Pig Launcher and Receiver for your upcoming project or facility.