Renewable Diesel – Truck / Rail / Pipeline
Many refineries are considering repositioning their plants to produce renewable diesel, jet fuel and naphtha, with some wrapping up projects going online the end of 2020. Other grass root facilities are in operation, being planned and constructed as well. Instead of using crude oil, the sites will use soybean oil, animal fats and other feedstocks. Unlike biofuels such as ethanol and biodiesel, renewable diesel is chemically identical to petroleum diesel.
This means renewable diesel can be moved in existing pipelines, and other transport methods and can be blended with no limitation into fuels systems. There are also incentives to produce renewable diesel with the extension of the federal tax credit which offers $1 for each gallon of renewable diesel blended into the transportation supply.
As for equipment needed to produce renewable diesel, it remains much the same but the need to retrofit or build new truck, pipeline and rail car facilities exist. Existing rail racks can be repurposed but will require new unloading pump and meter skids with steam or heat traced and insulated piping. Finished product will be bottom loaded into trucks, top loaded into rail cars or moved by pipeline. S&S Technical offers a wide range of pipeline meter skids, truck and rail car loading and unloading skid packages as well as pump skids all with full controls and automation. Need help assessing your existing site, developing feedstock unloading systems and finished product loading stations, give us a call.
Advantages of using S&S Technical on Mobile Nitrogen Generation System Manufacturers:
- Full in-house one-stop-shop experience. Our mechanical and electrical engineers use the latest 2 and 3D CAD and SolidWorks software to design every system;
- Integrated Process Automation Controls, PLC’s and HMI’s;
- ASME Pipe fabrication, assembly, and testing are all done at our facility just north of Atlanta, Georgia;
- Turnkey systems provide a single point of contact for your entire project;
- All systems are FAT (Factory Acceptance Tested) in house and will meet all safety, government and industry regulations our clients project may require;
- Single point of contact for technical support, operator training and start up commissioning;
- Complete set of manuals for every piece of equipment and system;
- Reduced installation and start up time – ready to move product shortly after arriving on site;
- Reduced delivery lead times, project costs, improved accuracy.
Give us a call today at (678) 250-9507 for more information on custom Pig Launcher and Receiver for your upcoming project or facility.